Quotes by John Pettitt
- To the optimist, the glass is half full.
- To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
- To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
- To the plumber, any liquid in the glass is potential income.
and Ed O'Connell
How to fix people (listening for engineers :-)
- People have really good built in diagnostics.
- If you listen well the will tell you what is wrong.
- If you listen really well they will hear what is wrong.
- If you're an expert listener they will hear what is wrong and realize they no longer need fixing.